• Jim Parker
    Dave, in the Pace Module under the "Rules Tab" we have under the title "Filtered Races" there is a Sort box that provides a drop down menu where you have a choice of 26 different "Sorts" that you can choose from some of them are self explanatory, I for one would really appreciate it if you could provide a definition of the ones that I left blank.

PL# =  Pace Line           FT= Final Time              SR= Stretch Run           P3=         L4=           
       C=   
       DST=                             FW= (EPx2 + SR)          HF= Hidden Fraction     P4=         AL1=
       F1   =  First Fraction      SP= Substained Pace    FX= (F1+SR)                 L1=         AL2=
       EP  =  Early Pace          PW= Power Factor         P1=                                L2=         AL3=
       SC  =  Stretch Call         LP= Late Pace               P2=                                L3=         AL4=

Sorry about the formatting when I wrote this up it was formatted nice but when posted it looks like #rap
  • Dave Schwartz
    C#= Count in sort (i.e. 2= sorted to 2nd)
    Dst=Distance (closest to today)

P1 thru P4 = Positions at each of 4 calls
    L1 thru L4 = Lengths behind at each of 4 calls
    AL1 thru AL4 = Absolute Value of lengths

AL means that -1.5 (ahead by 1.5 len) is equal to +1.5 (behind by 1.5 len)

AL is an extremely important sort because it allows you to measure tightness of finish.
  • Jim Parker
    Thanks very interesting especially about the AL1 thru AL4 codes I never realized that there was a difference between those codes and the L1 thru L4 codes.
  • Jim Parker
    Couple more questions pertaining to the Pace Module, In the lower section where each of the PP's are listed what do the following header codes stand for .... HF 1-2 .... HF 2-4 .... and last but not least when you select the "Net Pace" tab and you select the "Coventional Pace" then you "Recalc" at that time you fill in the various data fields what is the definitions for the 3 boxes F1 EP SC under the Energy Distribution heading.
  • Dave Schwartz
    That would be the energy distribution at each of those calls.
    The formula is a bit complex.
  • Jim Parker
    Thanks that much I figured out, that doesn't answer my questions, how can I use this info?
  • Dave Schwartz
    No clue. It has never worked for me but I know some Sartin guys who swear by it.
  • mikesal57
    The only thing i can think of is that maybe you can copy it and paste in Excel for computing stuff...
    Just a thought
  • Dave Schwartz
    That's because you are comfortable with Excel. Most HSH users are more comfortable within HSH than a spreadsheet. Those that are not, are USUALLY operating at a disadvantage, but if it works for you, continue doing so.

The exception to that rule is people who mastered what they do in HSH before adding the Excel. Best example is probably @Kevroc.
  • Jim Parker
    The reason for these questions is that I'm working with the Tier 1-2-3 concept and have found a very good process in picking out the contenders getting a hit rate of 84% within best 5 over a hundred races processed trying to utilize the pace module to comfortable get down to 4 contenders and still stay in the 80% range. :grin:
  • Dave Schwartz
    How are the low-priced N/Cs doing?
  • Jim Parker
    By the way my previous post I failed to mention that 84% rate pertains to Top 2 finishers, Exacta material but what I'm looking for is a key to maximize my return. I haven't focused on my low-priced N/C because I have been focusing on exacta plays only.
  • Jim Parker
    Do those Energy values HF 1-2 refer to the energy for the 1st qtr. and the HF 2-4 refer to the energy expended to the 2nd qtr. for that particular race for that particular horse??
  • Dave Schwartz
    Where do you see HF 1-2?
  • Jim Parker
    In the lower section where each of the PP's are listed what do the following header codes stand for .... HF 1-2 .... HF 2-4 .... and last but not least when
  • Dave Schwartz
    Ah.
    "HF" stands for "Hidden Fractions.

These are the time fractions that are unavailable to the public without doing some math.

HF1-2 is the 2nd call time - 1st call time.

HF2-4 is finish time - 2nd call time.
  • Jim Parker
    Kinda what I was thinking, but wasn't sure if HF was hidden fraction or if it was the actual time for that horse for that quarter fraction.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment