• Keith McCrae

I constantly find relationships between playing piano and handicapping. If I have to explain, then you don't get it. Watch all the way through and don't think it's a meal; you're not finished when it's done (if you get it).
  • Keith McCrae
    If you handicap, you are constantly remembering small bits of information to create an image that you recognize as value. The better organized your information, the more defined the image is.
  • Gino
    thanx,
    that was excellent ....
    just watching a TED Talk makes you feel smarter...
    thinking about what you saw might even make you smarter...
    connecting the dots and all that, eh?

i am kind of a three chord rock dude...
    A-D-Em
    1-2-3
    1-2
    1-2-3
    i handicap by myself, for myself..."value" is jam session that involves caring about what the other
    players are doing or are about to do....i am playing Louie Louie and picking winners....
    playing cheap claimers at Mahoney bam bam bam/ bam bam/ bam bam bam requires less info
    than trying to play some turf maiden symphony when you can't tell an ampersand from a treble clef...
    let alone umlauts...
    just keep tickling those ivories and somewhere between Keith Jarrett and Jerry Lee Lewis you will
    find gold...
    Solid Gold!

dos centavos,

gino
  • Keith McCrae
    Muchas gracias amigo!
  • Keith McCrae
    I don't think most people take enough notes on their racing data. Just like the musician used a highlighter to help her find patterns to help her remember,taking note of patterns more than the actual number is of value to handicappers of all types. The eye scan on the laptop where you scroll is not as good as having print where your "blinkers" are removed. There far fewer newspaper so there's lot of paper. One good hit pays for the ink or the toner.
    Print it and mark it up (then recycle properly).
  • Kevroc
    I got them ol' kozmic blues again mama...
  • Brian Reed
    Very powerful message and comparison, boy, as handicappers, do we ever try to problem solve. And as humans, we get caught up in patterns and past history of performance, or what worked last time. Unfortunately for us...it's a new day and handicap as you like, the challenge remains the same...what's going to happen today or for this race?

Thanks for posting Keith.
  • Keith McCrae
    We can improvise successfully if we know the "score". That's what this is about, being intuitive successfully by knowing the data so well that we go beyond what we see and know to what might happen.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Please register to see more

Forum Members always see the latest updates and news first. Sign up today.