• Tony Kofalt
    I was browsing through some older handicapping materials today and came across a Dave Schwartz publication titled The Opponent Method. Dave published this gem in 1990, and I have to admit that my current money management philosophy sprouted from it.
    The primary tool introduced in the method was Session play, a concept I still rely on today. While I made some modifications, session play has become the cornerstone of my wagering. The Opponent Mehod also introduced me to a 'workable' progressive money management concept. Once again, i have tweaked the original system detailed in Daves method but, combined with session play, it still serves as the foundation for my current wagering.
    Funny how this 'dated' material is still relavent. Dave has some amazing vision.
    Would anyone care to share an 'oldie but goodie' from your handicapping library?

Good luck

TonyK
  • Gino
    Cap'n Tony K (THE Opponent @ PEN!):

"The Racing Maxims and Methods of Pittsburg Phil"...edward cole 1908....
    "Handicapping Magic"...michael pizzolla 2000-2001

i glance at the former about once a month, and at the latter about twice a year, but both books
    are semi-biblical to me....inspirational and open to individual interpretation....kind of like VScreens in
    HSH....
    Go Steelers,

gino
  • Tony Kofalt

I cant tell you much about Mike's products but I loved reading Handicapping Magic. I think I will go back and review it again!! Thanks for responding and bringing it up.
    Brutal loss for your Steelers today

TonyK
  • Gino
    yeah, they are in for a sorry season...i see the eagles kicked the doggy jets while they were down...
    i like both steelers and eagles, no use for the niners or raiders...
    hang on to that pizzolla book, hard to find and expensive as hell..
  • mikesal57

where can I find that report?
  • Keith McCrae
    The true "bible" of handicapping!
  • Tony Kofalt

The Opponent Method was sold by Dave. I haven't seen it advertised on his site so I'm not sure he still maintains any copies. I'd better let Dave chime in here before I offer to share anything
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Please register to see more

Forum Members always see the latest updates and news first. Sign up today.